Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Turning Pages in a Book






Finding that I had started a rather large collection of books, I thought that it would be a great idea to purchase a Kindle. By doing this, I would be able to save space in my house by purchasing books for this device instead of buying the hardcopies of the many books that I wanted to read. This idea would have worked if I did not like the feel of reading actual books. When I first started using my Kindle, I felt that there was something missing, but I could not figure out what it was. There is a large difference between reading a book and reading a book on a Kindle. Personally, I like the feel of being able to turn the pages in an actual book, and this was something that I could not do with my Kindle. Even though I had purchased this device with the intentions of only reading books on it as opposed to buying actual books, I still found myself bringing home hardcopies of books. Originally, I thought that this device would be able to save me on space in my home, but as it turned out, I started not only buying books, but purchasing books on my Kindle as well. Admittedly, this is a great device, but it is very different than reading the hardcopy of a book. It takes some getting used to, and it did save me some space, but I still have a love for being able to turn the pages in the books that I read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment